The Hurricane

I saw the movie The Hurricane directed by Norman Jewison two days before. This movie is supposed to the biography of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter. I did not write about this flick earlier because I didn't know anything about what happened in the real life of Rubin. So I did some research for a while and according to me there were some fiction in this true story.

Well lets get into the movie, Denzel Washington stars as Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a Champion Middleweight boxer who was sentenced to life in prison on a bogus murder rap. Lesra Martin played by Vicellous Reon Shannon is an young struggling negro who gets rescued by a group of three Canadians, Lisa Peters played by Deborah kara Unger, Sam Chaiton played by Liev Schreiber and Terry Switon played by John Hannah. Together these do-good Canadians and Lesra fight for the Justice for Rubin.

Denzel Washington's performance in this flick is simply amazing. His transformation from hard-souled fighting machine to soft-spoken, eloquent defender of justice is portrayed effectively. However for me Rod Steiger starring as Judge Sarokin stole the show with his performance in the end.

This is a flick which is about racism, corruption, hope, and above all, one man's torment. In the end this is one of the emotional films I have ever seen.

My Rating: 3.5/5 

blog comments powered by Disqus