Worlds Greatest Dad


This is the movie that I saw this afternoon after finishing my final exam of this semester. Well I saw this film hoping that it will be some fun movie for the kids to have a good time (and by kids I mean me, even though I am a 20 year old fatty). But when I saw this flick, it didn't turnout to be the film I hoped rather this was a very dark and disturbing adult drama which had me laughing and crying at the same time.

Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton the father of an young Kyle Clayton(Daryl Sabara), a pervy sex-obsessed insolent teenager. Lance dreams to get his written work published when he is not teaching poetry at his son's school. He doesn't get any respect from his colleagues and the students aren't interested in enrolling for his poetry class and to top this his young girlfriend also treats him unfairly.

One day an unexpected(rather embarassing) tragedy occurs at Lance's house, he tries to cover certain embarassing facts and by doing so he accedently gains respect among his colleagues and his students. His dream of getting his written work published also comes true. This flick makes you wonder what people will do for fame even if they need to be a muse.

Robin Williams and Daryl Sabara have done exceptionally well. Their performance was one of the factors for this movie's success. Another person that has done his part brilliantly was the young Evan Martin who plays Andrew, the one and only friend of Kyle. And not to forget the brilliant work of the Director Bobcat Goldthwait.

In the end this is one of the best films of 2009 and a must watch flick for those who enjoy dark comedy.

My Rating: 3.5/5 

blog comments powered by Disqus