I Hate Luv Storys

Yesterday night I went to the movies to watch the movie I Hate Luv Storys. The movie is the first venture for the director Punit Malhotra. To be frank I didn't expect much when I decided to watch this yesterday but I was pleasantly surprised.

Imran Khan stars as Jay, a typical Casanova who doesn,t believe in the word 'love' yet works as the Assistant to one of the most successful romantic directors in the bollywood industry, Veer Kapoor played by Sameer Soni. Sonam Kapoor stars as Simran, a typical bollywood girly character who works as an Art Director for Veer and has a perfect fiancé Raj played by Sameer Dattani. The two lead characters are off to a rough start. But Veer decides to punish Jay for his lousy behavior by transferring him under Simran as a prop buyer(Although I don't believe that any director would do this since props are important and it needs to handled by experts...carrying on).

This way the leads get to spend more time with each other, during which we get to see the same old bollywood romantic clichés. But the way the director carried it was good, there were some really good comic scenes that made me laugh. The Music by Vishal-Shekar is vibrant and the background score by Salim Sullaiman really brings life for the movie. Though there were some scenes which were "inspired" from HIMYM, like  'The Hot Vs Crazy scale', 'The Climax', etc, I liked this film.

The first half of the movie is really good whereas the second half brings us the same old romantic clichés. In the end if you don't demand too much, you will definitely exit the theaters with a smile on your face.
My Rating: 3/5



blog comments powered by Disqus